"Families Are Forever"

Music We Love!

Monday, January 26, 2009

Alan's first plane ride. Destination Columbus, Ohio

My dad's brother Bob passed away a few month's before my dad, but his daughter Viki was in the hospital so they waited to have his funeral until she was better. My mom made a promise to my dad before he passed that she would try her best to go to his funeral. Since the flights were so cheap I was able to go along for support. Alan was still free so I took him along to help out Mike. Five kids is easier then six. This was Alan's first flight, and he did great. Unless you ask the man sitting in front of us. Alan was a lap child on a full flight from Phoenix to Ohio (a 3 1/2 hr flight.) For thoughs of you who have been on a plane know there's about 2 inches from you and the seat in front of you, so the gentleman in front of us got a 3 and 1/2 hr back amssage that he didn't appreciate. He said his peace and reccomended Dimatap for the next flight. We were lucky enough to get a row to ourselves for the remaining 3 connections so Alan had more legroom. That was a blessing since the flight home from Columbus to Phoenix took 5 and 1/2 hours due to weather conditions. It was a brsik 12 degree's when we left Columbus. Luckily while we were visiting it was in the 40's until the day we left. It wasbeatiful to see the snow, but I was greatful to see the sun in California.





These are my uncle Bob's 5 daughter's (Valarie back left, Viki middle back, Bobbie front left, Leslie front right, and Amy back right, and my Uncle Ronnie's son Mike.





This is me and my sister Dawn again with my cousin Beth (aunt Bonnie's daughter).>





This is me with my cousin Linda (my Aunt Shirley's daughter). >













This is me and my mom with my sister Dawn who I have not seen in 8 years. Alan with his new bear from aunt Dawn!








4 comments:

Jack and Mel said...

That is neat that you guys were able to go.
Oh and yes some of them jumped in. My dad, Matt, Will, and Jimmy, crazy boys! It was freezing! Miss you and love you all!

Christy said...

Sounds like you had an adventure. I'm glad you were able to visit with family members that you haven't seen in awhile.

Sharla said...

Hey Shirley! Glad I found your blog-- and I've sat in front of Alan before, and my only complaint is too much cuteness. :)

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

How great that you got to go back there. We haven't been for about 9 years. How good to see Dawn again!